TTAB is updating its Standard Protective order and making it available in this forum for comments and suggestions. Here is a list of the changes:
• States it is automatically imposed in Board proceedings
• Recommends the parties execute for a binding agreement
• Makes it clear that the provisions govern testimony, testimony exhibits, and disclosures.
• Changes from three to two tiers of designation.
• Expressly includes personal health, medical and financial information in designation of Confidential – Attorneys’ Eyes Only
• Adds provision 15) addressing the “Consequences of Unchallenged Overdesignations"
The period for commenting will close March 4, 2016.
View the Standard Protective Order.